Pages

Monday 3 March 2014

Club Absinthe - Hamilton

"Come see what everybody is talking about"

Hamilton ? why of course, for this weeks blog post I actually took a little adventure up the QEW.

Club Absinthe is a smaller venue in comparison to some of the others I have written about in my prior blog. This is no way means that it is a reflection of the punch this place can pack.

On most nights at Club Absinthe, you will be listening to local bands and indie artists, they play a variety of:  
Rock 
Hardcore 
Ska



World famous VARGA playing at Club Absinthe
MTV's RiFF RAFF and myself @ClubAbsinthe
Although it was only my first time attending Club Absinthe, despite its different atmosphere and rock star persona, immediately upon entrance you feel a sense of welcoming. I had traveled to Hamilton with 2 others who had not been to Absinthe either, all of us were really pleased with the location and the staff. We were served by a female bartender who dawned a massive Russian hat with pride, and we absolutely ate it up!




Granting all this, I was not in attendance for the purpose of a rock show, I had an amazing time watching a hip hop concert in the venue. I thought this was a great showcase of its adaptability and versatility. Naturally observant, I always am looking at the decor of clubs to see exactly who could perform their with relevance to their genre and if any guests would feel "out of their element". Not here, Club Absinthe is a big two thumbs up for style and fun ambiance.
And yes, they DO serve Absinthe! 

Cover: Hard to say, as it varies on the show    
Atmosphere: Rockish / Mod / Trend 

Cost: $5 beers $5 drinks                                  
Size: Smaller to mid size venue (upstairs lounge)






5 comments:

  1. can't help but love any bar that has live music....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Club Absinthe is a household name for Hamiltonians! I am originally from Hamilton and have experienced many fun nights at Absinthe. Their venue sets them apart from the rest of the downtown core along with their diverse selection of bands. If you haven't already done so, check out their twitter page (twitter.com/ClubAbsinthe) they're always posting upcoming local events and DJ appearances!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Harleen took me there! We had such a good time and like she said it, it has a unique atmosphere, very different from the norm, and I loved it.
    Glad that you're sharing different types of nightlife!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Since I'm not from the Niagara region I haven't really visited many of the clubs that you have mentioned so far. So I am happy that you finally went into the Hamilton area and near my hometown. I love Club Absinthe! And like Harleen said it is way different than other clubs in the downtown area. Can't go wrong with live music! (Lexa)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great review! I always want to try out some of these clubs but I never really know what to expect. Sounds like this one might be a winner! Thanks Morgan!

    ReplyDelete